I am specialized in technical translations from and to Italian, which from a major part of my assignments during the past 4 years. I provide this kind service, directly or through translation agencies, to Bulgarian and Italian companies, which manufacture and/or supply machinery, installations and technological solutions. My major areas of specialization among the technical translations include:
- User manuals and/or instructions of use of machinery and equipment (use, maintenance and service manuals and instructions, test reports and certificates, declarations of conformity and incorporation, technical characteristics and specifications, CE Certificates);
- Safety data sheets;
- Terms of reference and public procurement announcements;
- Bills of quantities;
- Marketing materials, catalogues, leaflets, pricelists etc.;
- in the following industries:
- Construction (civil engineering and industrial construction, interior, construction materials, structures, construction machinery, hydro-technical facilities, water-supply and sewerage etc.), architecture, urban development;
- Electricity/power engineering/automation;
- Renewable energy sources;
- Food and drink industry/wine-producing/vine-growing;
- Wood-processing and furniture;
- Mechanical engineering and machine processing;
- Packing industry;
- Ecology, environment and purification plants;
- Heating, ventilation, air-conditioning;
- Railroad and road transport;
- Telecommunications and IT;
- Alarms and security systems;
- Scientific papers and industry-specific magazines etc.
Considering the vast areas and subjects, it is advisable that the client provides some reference materials, if possible. This may include drawings of the equipment/machinery/installations, in case cutting edge or unusual technologies are involved in the assignment.
The translation services usually do not include any graphical design or pre-print work (inclusion of drawings, charts, tables etc., so that the translated file can be identical to the original), if the file, provided by the client, cannot be opened in a word processing application. In such cases, this service can be provided if so agreed in advance and against an additional charge.
When I work on such assignments, if certain specialized terminology needs clarification, I use the services of consultants – qualified engineers, as the cost of such consulting services is included in my offered rates. This is sometimes necessary to ensure accuracy and stylistic appropriateness of the terminology, considering the various sectors and highly-specialized technologies. At client’s request I can also procure the services of a technical editor.